Buying and consuming products from our farm has never been easier! Our weekly list of available products is updated every Monday.
- Direct sales in the farm: every day of the week prior reservation up to 24 hours before collection.
- Weekend market: hotel and restaurant clients or passing customers can buy according to our availability from the small market located in the Favole area on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays.
- Home delivery: we serve the Rome metropolitan area two days per week, keep in touch with us in order to organise your home delivery.
- Short distribution chain:
Il Cerchio Naturale: Bio Shop located in the Salario neigbourhood (provides home delivery service).
Ammano: our vegetables are sold daily in this close farm specialising in organic dairy products and cured meats. Opening hours: Monday to Sunday 8-13/16-19 (provides home delivery service).
Info & Reservation: firstname.lastname@example.org
Since 1999, the Borgo is a certified organic farm. Our holding covers approximately 100 hectares, in which vegetables and ancient cereals are produced and transformed in traditional recipes from the Roman countryside. We have more than 20 hectares of coppice woodland, mostly composed of walnuts, cherry-trees and ashes, planted in 1995 thanks to a rural development programme. We are very dedicated to keep every sector of our farm sustainab.le. We recycle as much materials as we can, our sewerage system is based on a sustainable process named “phytoremediation”. Recently, we installed a 110 kwp photovoltaic system alongside a storage battery system that allowed us to get rid of the old oil-powered heating system. Moreover, energy used by the cooling system in the entire hospitality area is recycled and transformed in hot water
- We produce organic vegetables and fruit
- We produce electricity with solar panels
- We dissolve our waste and when we cannot reuse them, we give them to disposal and recycling companies
- We treat sewerage according to a sustainable process named “phytoremediation”
- The vegetable substances from our common reed, are used in the company to build shadowing covers and anti-wind barriers We build anti-wind and anti-solar barriers using bamboos grown in the farm.
- We cool and refresh part of the rooms with a wall exchange system
- We have 20 hectares of coppice woodland, thanks to a regional rural development programme
- We purchase most of the restaurant products from small local producers
- We do not purchase and sell water in plastic bottles, but we use aqueduct water, purified by a patented Italian machine
- In the rooms, we use biodegradable bags for baskets, disposable glasses from recycled paper and toilet paper obtained from recycled paper
- We only use LED bulbs
- In the bar, we use napkins obtained from recycled paper, PLA straws and glasses and wood-made disposable cutlery
- We use electric buggies for the internal transport of customers, sheets and small supplies
- We wash all possible and suitable surfaces only with vinegar
Horticulture: according to the seasonality of the crops, in spring and summer we produce mainly salad, asparagus, artichokes, beans, zucchini, tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, eggplant, potatoes, strawberries, currants and blackberries; in the autumn and winter season we produce broccoli, chicory, cauliflower, squash, fennel, cabbage, chard, spinach, celery and onion. Our kitchen is enriched by our herbs throughout the entire year. We produce mostly thyme, basil, parsley, sage, mint, lemongrass, bay leaves, lavender and rosemary.
Extensive crops: we produce sunflowers, wheats and grains according to annual rotations
Fruit trees we produce walnuts, cherries, apricots, plums, citrus and figs both for consumption and production of jams and chutneys.
We have more than 20 hectares of coppice woodland, mostly composed of walnuts, cherry-trees and ashes, planted in 1995 thanks to a regional rural development programme.
We breed courtyard animals such as pigs (Cinta Senese, Vietnamese and Casertano Nero), chickens and goats. The latter are employed for a pet therapy rehabilitation programme for autistic people.
We host some families of bees trasumanti: The Borgo has collaborated with the local beekeeping business from the 1930: Paolo Fiorentini, beekeeper and heir of the company, has beehives covering the entire Roman countryside. Among the selection, we have wildflower, sunflower, medical, acacia, chestnut, heather and clover, eucalyptus, acacia and linden honeys.
For more informations: Paolo Fiorentini – email@example.com
The 12 families of resident bees are organically breed by Nicolò Arbolino, and feed mainly on wild flora.
For more informations: Niccolò Arbolino – firstname.lastname@example.org
Among the birds found in Tragliata there are buzzards, owls, long-eared owls, tawny owls, barn owls, swifts, pheasants, bee-eaters, dippers and flounder scopaiole; among mammals, porcupines, foxes, weasels, marten, wild pigs, deer and wild boars, horses and cats; among reptiles, tortoise, cervone, snake, grass snake, lizard and gecko.