Not only words but also facts - Charming holiday Farm Organic
The farm is part of a large estate of the Chapter of St. Pietro (Vatican religious body) since the Middle Ages and covers approximately 110 hectares of which 20 in copse, 10 in the deciduous forest of wood, 40 acres for vegetables and 25 in cereals and legumes, with a small herd of farm animals. Since 1999 he has directed his own choices towards environmentally friendly systems, by adopting the techniques of agriculture and organic farming. The products collected are used mainly in the catering facilities of the village and to feed the farm animals, also part of the production is sold or exchanged with products from other farmers.
- Short Chain
Our projects are geared to the development of a distribution network that allows you to organize a group purchase with direct sales at home and bring our best organic products in the markets of the city; in particular, the distribution will be handled by a short chain Village of Tragliata in collaboration with The Ship of Fools, a point of sale products certified organic fruit and vegetables, which is located within the local market of San Lorenzo district in Rome (www.navedeifolli.it).
- Exotic Garden
The idea of the garden takeaway is combined with that of the exotic garden, where cultural diversity can merge with the diversity culture. A meeting place of cultures among the various crops. It's so that we would like to combine the traditional local crops, in respect of organic farming and biodynamic vegetable varieties with other parts of the world.
- Natural Trails sport
We are making more accessible the farm roads with naturalistic engineering that uses natural materials for the consolidation of slopes and water regulation, and working on creating paths and nature trails with rest areas, seating and tables. We would also like to join an initiative of the C.O.N.I. to promote sports activities in this context.
- Art and Nature Trails
We are promoting and financing projects and artistic initiatives, in keeping with the rural environment and natural territory.
Among the installations currently exist:
‘ INnamorarsi ’ edited by Catiuscia Di Florido, Silvia Mannocci, Giulia Lucherini, Francesco Gaudio:
project participant at the Festival of Green and Landscape 2014 - Auditorium Parco della Musica di Roma - Competition ‘Avventure Creative’.
- The Horticultural: according to the seasonality of the crops, in spring and summer we collect mainly salad, asparagus, artichokes, beans, zucchini, tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, eggplant, potatoes, strawberries, currants and blackberries; mainly in autumn-winter broccoli, chicory, cauliflower, squash, fennel, cabbage, broccoli, chard, spinach, celery and cipolle. The bushesaromatic scent trails and enrich the kitchen; There are thyme, basil, parsley, sage, mind, lemongrass, bay leaves, lavender and rosemary.
- The extensive arable: rolling cultivate sunflower, durum wheat and grain legumes.
- Among the fruit trees grow walnuts, cherry, apricot, plum and citrus, both for fresh consumption or for processing into jams craft.
- We breed farm animals: pigs, cinte Senesi pigs, Vietnamese pigs and chickens.
- We host some families of bees trasumanti: The Borgo has collaborated for many years with beekeeping business in the territory from the 1930: Paolo Fiorentini, beekeeper and heir of the company, it is dedicated to the development of production and can now count on a territory that extends from the mountains of Tolfa up to Bracciano and Rome. Blooms on, sunflower, medical, acacia and chestnut, heather and clover; valuable spontaneous ones of the village, as well as those of eucalyptus, acacia and linden.
Per info: Paolo Fiorentini – email@example.com
- The 10 families of bees settled, conducted under organic management by Nicholas Arbolino, feed mainly on wild flora.
For more informations: Niccolò Arbolino – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Among the birds found in Tragliata there are buzzards, owls, long-eared owls, tawny owls, barn owls, swifts, pheasants, bee-eaters, dippers and flounder scopaiole; rates among mammals, porcupines, foxes, weasels, marten, wild pigs, deer and wild boars, horses and cats; among reptiles, tortoise, cervone, snake, grass snake, lizard and gecko.
- The garden of 100 camellias
In 2013, 100 camellias from Lucca have been planted in one of the valleys of Tragliata, with the idea of creating a nature trail then be reconnected to other beautiful places of the property and with the desire to develop and enhance the appearance of landscape and nature company. This tells the desire of a small Roman gardener, Giulio De Fiore, to want to remember the story of a friendship with his friend and master of Lucca Dino Monti, with whom in 1992 he created a growing camellias in Matraia (Lucca) of 100 camellias which are part of Tragliata. The species present in Tragliata are two Camelliajaponica and Camelliasasanqua. The first, most popular and common, it blooms from late January until March. The second, called ‘invernali’, bloom between December and January, with the intense cold. Among the many present Japanese camellias are cultivars and historical varieties including ‘Rubra’, ‘Rubra Simplex’, ‘Alba’ e ‘Alba Simplex’, ‘Stella Polare’, ‘Roma Risorta’, ‘Bonomiana’, ‘Francesco Ferruccio’, ‘Tricolor’, ‘Bella Romana’. There are also varieties of new generation, a little more rustic, among these the ’Snow Ball’ and then the ‘Hagoromo’ between ‘Sasanqua’.
Like all lived gardens, camellias have reacted each in their own way. Now the dedication and work of the gardeners who care for them will allow the plants to acclimate, adapt and grow lush. For Informations: Giulio De Fiore – www.defiorepaesaggio.it – email@example.com
- Consumption for the restoration of the village and processing of products (honey and jams);
- Direct sale of farm products;
- Distribution of short chain:
- La Nave dei Folli:box 9 of the local market San Lorenzo, Largo degli Osci, Roma – firstname.lastname@example.org - www.navedeifolli.it.
- L’orto del Lago: Via Monterosi 9, Trevignano Romano (Roma).